• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I.B.S. ( Irritable bowel syndrome )

Sadie

Bluelight Crew
I did search IBS in the forum mods but if I missed the proper thread please merge. Keep it tidy. I know. :)

Just wanted to know how everyone else who has this manages it. Mine is linked with stress. I'm currently perscribed buscopan. It works a treat. I had been perscribed Mebeverine but that really didnt even touch the sides.

Anyone who has had IBS knows the total pain that comes with it. Had an okay day today. It was painful but just in the back ground. I've had days I'm just doubled over in tears. Not very nice. Just wondering who else has it and how they deal with it.

i've tried everything... a few things that helped...

getting off all illegal drugs.
getting off all Rx drugs except for suboxone and an extremely low dose of zyprexa.
having protein shakes daily.
exercise daily.
quitting smoking.

getting off valium and heroin and cocaine solved all my problems. valium was the main culprit i think

some studies have shown a carefully selected strain of medical marijuana beneficial to helping ibs, but in some people it makes it worse

IBS folks are often more sensitive to the sugar alcohols: sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, etc I'd avoid sugar free gums & other sources if you notice they precipitate attacks. A period of keeping a food journal and a symptom log might help you identify things that are especially apt to make things worse. Some people have found pro-biotics to be very helpful and you might check into that.

eating insoluble fiber is a major trigger as are alcohol, sugar, fatty foods, meat, etc.

the only fiber an IBS-D sufferer should eat is 100% soluble!!

Coffee is a major no no for me. I can actually have it if I'm taking my IBS medication. If not, I'm in hell before I've even had half the mug.

my gran for years was treated for IBS on various diets etc, but 8 years ago she had a locum doctor who done a blood test and found out she had something called crohns disease, it shows a lot of the same symptoms and a lot of people who have crohns disease are misdiagnosed with ibs for years unless a member of their family have it.
she finds dairy products, caffeine products, fizzy juice, all set her off. poor thing seems to eat nothing but nuts and fish now.

Kick the meds and fatty foods, get yourself on A proper diet and eat at the right times for your stomach; in SMALL portions. Rice cakes, goats cheese, lean chicken, lean turkey, rice, Peas, Carrots, Potatoes & wheat free bread and pasta are the only things you should be eating. I now live my life by this diet and my IBS is A lot less bothering than it was A couple of weeks ago :) Peace.

Kick the meds and fatty foods, get yourself on A proper diet and eat at the right times for your stomach; in SMALL portions. Rice cakes, goats cheese, lean chicken, lean turkey, rice, Peas, Carrots, Potatoes & wheat free bread and pasta are the only things you should be eating. I now live my life by this diet and my IBS is A lot less bothering than it was A couple of weeks ago :) Peace.

I was wanting to see what others had wrote in as I was passing some of the idea of what helps others might help some folks I know, do you use wheat free pasta as well? as I know wheat products are one of the things that can cause bloatedness in one of my friends. Also caffeine seems to trigger her off as well.
Will suggest the goats cheese though as she has missed cheese for a long time, any other sort of dairy products you have found that dont make it worse?
cheers:)

anyone else here find onions make it worse as my mate finds she also gets pains when eating anything with onions, although she loves them she finds it bothers her, anyone else find similar things with onions or any part of the onion family??

getting away from fatty stuff works actually?

I supplement with olive oil and coconut oil nightly and my morning dumps are 'effortless'.

I dont have IBS but could supplementing with some healthy fats at night work for you too???

thats a good idea will pass it on, sorry to sound stupid but what do you take with olive or cocnut oil? or do you just take a spoonful?

a couple spoons of it works well. I love the taste of coconut oil and usually like to savor it. Olive Oil I will just take a swig from the bottle. Although my gf yells at me when I did that.

So I'm not the only one who takes shots of olive oil straight from the bottle, huh?

like most probably know, and sadly, opiates help me with this A LOT.

I have ibs.

I'm currentley not on any meds for it

But I do find that smoking weed at the beghining of the day works wonders for my symptoms throughout the rest of the day

I have ibs.

I'm currentley not on any meds for it

But I do find that smoking weed at the beghining of the day works wonders for my symptoms throughout the rest of the day

My mate has a smoke when she is having the constipation part but when its the runs feels it makes her worse do you get both or just one of the these more frequently?

For me when I smoke weed it just takes away my symtoms to keep going to the toilet .

I guess everyones different though and every peerson who suffers from ibs has a different reason for it weather it be stress , diet , inheritance , etc.

I think drug use plays a role (not in a good way) but that's just my opinion. I'm not on anything all the time, so my bowel issues are well in control but I do find a link between stress (which irritates the bowels) and drug use/running out etc. So, I guess I'm saying that being clean would be a great help. Learn what stresses you and what calms or pleases you and then reduce one, max the other and see where it leads you. the key is understanding that you can control it more than you realize because the old saying "you can't control what other people do/say, you can control how you react to it" is true....and it's as simple as "just do it"....if you don't care what people do/say (things that used to irritate you) you will notice a big difference almost immediately.

My mate has a smoke when she is having the constipation part but when its the runs feels it makes her worse do you get both or just one of the these more frequently?

I only suffer from IBS-C, I feel it helps me to go, and I usually do after smoking.